Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Help us Warm the Children in the Middletown area

The Middletown Press is once again co-sponsoring the annual Warm the Children campaign to help keep kids in Middlesex County warm this holiday season.

Standing out in the freezing cold on Route 66 at the Sunoco station gas pump at 1 a.m. tonight, I wondered what I would have done if I didn't have a winter coat or proper winter boots - or just a scarf to wrap around part of my face as the icy winds kept trying to carry me away.

As our campaign has barely raised $25,000 so far this year, way short of its goal of $56,000 in order to clothe 700 children, I realized that many children in the Middletown area are going to be very cold this winter. About 200 children are still on the waiting list as we have failed to raise enough funds!

But I'm not giving up yet. We have until the end of the year!

So here's my plea: If you haven't yet done so, please help us by giving a donation to the Warm the Children fund. It is tax deductible. Whether you give $5 or $25 doesn't matter - a small amount from many people will add up quickly.

My pledge today will be $80 of my own money - enough for one child's shopping trip. I am writing the check out at this very moment to "Warm The Children" and will mail it out first thing in the morning to P.O. Box 2256, Middletown, CT 06457.

Will you join me in making a donation? All donors will be listed in The Middletown Press print edition, unless you choose to remain anonymous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudo's for the donation... I have made mine as well.

December 15, 2010 at 12:55 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home