Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sorting through the spam emails

This week, I’ve won the Spanish lottery, the British lottery and a Dutch lottery. I’ve inherited hundreds of thousands of dollars from a “relative” in Asia and a “former business partner” of mine just died and left me another few million dollars.

I also won the Greencard lottery, and all I need to do is wire $890 to a suspicious foreign account.

I’ve received an “unbeatable voucher” for hair removal and I’ve had the offer to buy – not earn – diplomas in several professional fields of study. I think I might choose to be a doctor, or should I get a diploma for blogging?

All I can think of when I receive all this spam is the television ad featuring an elderly man in front of a computer who yells to his wife “Honey, I just won the Australian lottery!” She calmly replies, “Did you ever play the Australian lottery?” and he says “No.” “Then how could you win?”

I haven’t played or entered any of these lotteries. Perhaps it’s time to figure out why my spam filter isn’t working properly on my work email.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kaitlyn Yeager said...

I'm actually seriously considering starting a blog dedicated to the spam I get at work. Over the past 2 days, it's been someone who "found my profile," something in Arabic, an investment opportunity worth $20,000,000, something in Spanish, an invitation to but "a Military Spec, Waterproof, Tactical Flashlight with High Quality Video Camera built right in," and something in Chinese, lol. That's a pretty light day, too.

April 13, 2011 at 1:51 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home