Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The knitting project

Reporter Claire Michalewicz covered a story a couple of weeks ago of a local Girl Scout troop knitting comfort dolls to send to the Dominican Republic. She grabbed a kit and instructions and immediately went home to knit a doll.

When she brought it in, her doll got a lot of "oohs" and "aaahs" from the rest of the newsroom, so I decided I was going to try to knit one as well.

Of course, I was so eager I started before I had the instructions, and I used yarn that was too thick. This resulted in a very tall and somewhat fuzzy figure.
Link
You can see the difference between the two dolls in this photo by Catherine Avalone:


If you want to try to knit a doll to donate to the Girl Scouts at Troop 62886, instructions are available here: http://bit.ly/lK6j2l

(I'm working on a second one now with the correct kind of yard and needles). Finished dolls can be dropped off at The Middletown Press, 386 Main St., 4th Floor, Middletown. (Elevator closes at 4 p.m.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home