Monday, February 8, 2010

What you learn in the field


Today I learned that getting a 2-minute video clip from a press conference up on our web site can take up to six hours and several phone calls to tech support.

WATCH IT HERE.

I also learned that when someone whispers to you very near your camera, it will get caught on tape.

If you watch the video in the link above from today's press conference at Middletown City Hall regarding the Kleen Energy plant explosion on Sunday, you will hear Sal Nesci from the health department whisper to me "Did everyone get this?" as he shows me a the script the mayor is reading from. I thought I was being very subtle, but you can clearly hear me whisper back: "No, we got a different one."

That, dear people, is "real life" journalism.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home