Friday, February 26, 2010

The cameras are here!

Our staff received 6 additional Flip cameras yesterday from our corporate office. I spent a big part of my day tagging them and writing down serial numbers to make sure we know who has what camera should something happen.

Then I got to give them out to my staff - the most exciting part of my day.

A few minutes later, photographer Catherine Avalone came back to my office and said, "Why is it all in French?"

In her eagerness to get started, she had bypassed the English instructions and we had no idea how to get them back.

An e-mail to our techies in Yardley resulted in four quick responses - one of them actually in French, translated via Babel Fish (when translated back via the same method, it made no sense whatsoever).

As usual when things get a little messed up, it was very simple to fix it, and Cathy is now well on her way to taking videos for our web site. Check out the 8 videos she took yesterday afternoon at Middlesex Community College HERE.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Catherine Avalone said...

I'll admit the French was a stumbling block, but I am getting the hang of it. Lights, camera, action!

February 26, 2010 at 1:00 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering about local news coverage. Here in East Hampton, there are significant recent issues concerning the town budget, a freedom of information investigation, the Middle Haddam Historic district, board meetings, board of education issues and more. What we seem to get are articles written with excruciating detail about some local criminal or some sports scores. Instead of local news in the area's paper of record, we have to glean details from weeklies and bickering letters to the editor in those outlying papers. I don't have a dog in the fight as they say (I'm not involved in local politics, and not one of the bickerers) but I would like to be able to count on the MP to cover the towns outside of Middletown.

February 28, 2010 at 6:42 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN

March 1, 2010 at 10:55 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home