Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My visit to Middlesex Community College

While my collegues were over at Wesleyan University for a press conference about a new coach on Monday, I headed over to Middlesex Community College for a visit with President Wilfredo Nieves.

Nieves took me on a tour of his 4-building campus.


A graduate of Westchester Community College in Valhalla, N.Y., I do have a special place in my heart for community colleges. It is where I learned the most in my college career. Sure, Quinnipiac University was good, too, but the community college helped me build a solid foundation for all future learning.

As I was a communications major and later journalism major, I find college television studios interesting. I like to look at the equipment - look, but don't touch. Here's the one at MxCC, which is used throughout the semester and also during the summers to teach special film and TV production classes:



More videos from Middlesex Community college can be found under our "Video" tab on our home page or by clicking HERE.

Videos by Catherine Avalone and Viktoria Sundqvist:
Intro to Physics
Wilfredo Nieves
Game Room in Founders Hall
Magazine Room at MxCC library
Chemistry 112
Digital Photography
3-Dimensional Design

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have a special place in my heart for community colleges. I think it is the best place to begin an academic career.

March 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too, I went to Essex County college in Newark, NJ in 1971, I did not graduated, but it open a lots of doors for me

March 30, 2010 at 7:38 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home