Saturday, April 3, 2010

Successful meetings; more to come

A big thank you to everyone who came out to see us this week as the staff of The Middletown Press held four community meetings.

I learned about a golf course in Middletown I never knew existed and a third-party candidate running for state Senate. I also learned that many community members would be happy to submit material to us - they just didn't know they were allowed to.

There were some other important lessons as well in trying to set up these meetings. The fact that the Ford News Diner closes at 2 p.m., for example, which I should have remembered. This forced us to rearrange a meeting and move it last minute to Javapalooza down the street.

But no worries! We will schedule a breakfast meeting soon at the diner.

In Portland, I found out that a couple of guys apparently tried to get free lunch at the Portland Restaurant by showing up in suits saying they were from The Middletown Press. Too bad they picked the wrong day - I would have like to see who they were.

For those of you who work during the day, I will hold a special meeting this Tuesday, April 6, at Fusion Bakery inside the Main Street Market from 5 to 6 p.m.

Ed McKeon from The Middletown Eye has also asked me to be on his radio show on Friday, April 9, at 1:30 p.m. at WESU, 88.1 FM. We will most likely talk about changes in the newspaper industry and changes at The Middletown Press.

And, of course, anyone with questions or concerns can e-mail me directly at vsundqvist@middletownpress.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home